The Liebster Award is a way for members of the blogging community to recognize new bloggers/blogs. It is a fun way to support our fellow bloggers and create a sense of community. The rules seem to vary a little depending on who is giving the award but here are the basics:
- Nominate ten blogs and let them know you have nominated them
- Each nominee must have under 1000 followers
- Provide a link to the blog that nominated you
- Answer the questions that they have provided for you
- Create ten new questions for the blogs that you have nominated
- Create a post that includes all of this information
I have been nominated by
I have nominated
- lol im fairly new to wordpress, so I dont follow many people and the people I do follow have already completed this challenge ://///
- But I nominate anyone who wants to take part in this!
1. If you could choose any finished series to come out with one more book which series would you choose?
Penryn and the end of days by Susan Ee. I really didnt like the ending of End of days as I said in my review of the book I think the author wrote the first book, maybe vaguely planning for a series but uncertain if she wanted to write one. Then that book took off and suddenly she had to produce an actual series that she really hadn’t planned for. It was also changed from 5 books to 3 which I don’t mind but ending for the series was seriously unsatisfactory!!
2. If you could choose any series to become a television show which series would you choose?
This book isn’t in a series, but I would choose The Song Of Achilles by Madeline Miller (link goes to my review of the book). I absolutely loved this book, I’m currently taking Classical Civilisation and starting A2 at the time of writing this. For the first year we read and analysed The Iliad by Homer. Patroklos was one of my favourite characters, and this book is from his POV about the events leading up to the Trojan War and his presumed relationship with the hero Achilles. I would prefer to see this book become a TV series than a movie as there’s so much detail in this book.
If I had to choose a series, I would choose The Shades of London by Maureen Johnson. The Name of the Star is one of the favourite books which takes a new spin on the tale of Jack the Ripper, with the main character coming to terms with her supernatural abilities. Definitely recommend!
3. Which character do you think was poorly cast in a movie based on a book? And who would you have cast instead?
As much as I love Kevin Zegers as an actor, I didn’t like that he was cast as Alec in The City of Bones he appeared too broody and old for Alec. I’m not a fan of The Mortal Instruments anymore (but I do intend to watch ABC’s Shadowhunters). I have no opinion on who I would have liked instead but I would have preferred to have an actor who is actually gay play Alec, which would be excellent for representation!
4. Which character death was the hardest to deal with and why?
I know people will find this weird but I don’t get extremely upset over deaths in books?? I mean, I feel sympathetic but I’ve never really found a characters death hard to deal with?? (I hope that makes sense)
5. If you could spend the day in any fictional world which world would it be?
The Harry Potter Universe (I want my damn owl, accurate housing place, and wand!!)
6. Imagine that you can have any fictional character “guest star” in a fictional world other than its own. Which character would you choose? Which world would you have them appear in? Why?
I’m not sure! I think everyone fits fine in their actual book universe and I cant think of anything one I would want to move and appear in another.
7. Which character do you most identify with?
I know this sounds weird but I don’t really identify with characters, I have many favourite character and there’s certain aspects of them that I also share with them but there’s not one character I could identify myself with.
8. If you could choose any book or series to come out with a companion cookbook that contained recipes for food and drinks mentioned in the book which would you choose?
Probably, the Harry Potter universe, it would be amazing to see how the sweets and foods are created. (fun fact – not really – but I’ve bought bertie botts every flavoured jelly beans from a candy store in Brighton once and it was disgusting, I’m not joking, each one tasted like a stink bomb)
9. If you could choose any book or series to be turned into a video game which would you choose?
Either, Harry Potter (you can tell I’m a HP fan right??- and yes I know there is already HP games) but instead of being through harry’s POV, I would want it be from the player’s own character and how they react to the events that happen in the book. (I’m really bad at explaining but I saw a Tumblr text post about it.) OR Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige!
10. If you could choose any supporting character to get their own book or series who would you choose?
Fred and George Weasley because who wouldn’t want a series about them??? or Paige (Penryn’s sister) from Penryn and the end of days because so much happens to her that wasn’t clearly explained in the series!!
- Your favourite past-time.
- The 3 wishes you’d make if you get Aladdin’s Lamp.
- One place where you’d like to travel to.
- Which songs do you like listening to when you are working on a blog post?
- One skill you’ll love to acquire and why.
- Where do you get the ideas for your blog posts?
- What is the best feedback you have ever gotten on a blog post?
- What is something people would be surprised to know about you?
- What is your greatest joy in life?
- Do you ever get “writer’s block,” and, if so, how do you deal with it?
Thank you to Brittany for nominating me!