- Results day 😥 – AKA possibly one of the worst moments of my life, Tbh. I just missed the expected grades I needed to get into Sussex. I was sorely disappointed, mainly because they don’t take into consideration my EPQ grade which I got an A in. My plan now is to retake my exams by taking a third year but the college is being so frustrating!!! I asked if I could immediately apply for a third year on results day but a senior at college told me not to do it!! She said it would be better to take a foundation course so that I automatically get into my chosen course. But I felt more comfortable paying for my retakes rather than adding an extra 9K in student loans. I tried my luck with the foundation course but they were filled up already and now I’m getting no response from college about the third year 😭😭
- Visited family in London – Since we couldn’t go last month on Eid, we decided to go this month for a couple of days since my aunt recently have birth to her first child, a baby girl!!
- Got a job!! – probably one if the few good things that happened this month. It’s a part time waitressing job at a restaurant. The pay is minimum wage and its alright for me since this is one of my first proper job. I intend to really just stay there for a couple of months for the experience until I find something better.
I read 7 books this month! Here’s some of them: (ill add links once I’m back in Brighton)
- The Novice by Taran Matharu
- Stained by Abda Khan
- Counterpart by Hayley Stone
- Songs of Princes by Janell Rhiannon
- Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton
- Bloodwalker by L.X. Cain
- Aceldama by John Hazen
- Reframing Language: “This Game is Crazy!” – A small but informative post about the ableist words we use to describing games. Also, includes words we could use to replace it.
- Tropes Not Experienced in School – Joey’s TTT was so funny and hilarious. Reading his one makes me want to write my own list of tropes that I did/didn’t experience in school!
That’s it for this month! Tell me what went on in YOUR life this month! What sort of things were important for you this month? New obsessions? New TV shows? Or book? Any new song recs (I’m always open for new music!)? Best books you read this month?