B O O K S
At first, I was a little disappointed that I only read four books this month. But, looking back, I really enjoyed each book I read this month, and I guess that was little better than reading more books and not enjoying them.
I signed up to join the blog tour for Em Ali’s second book, Graham’s Delicacies and I was so excited when they accepted me onto the tour! I don’t want to say much until my post goes lives, but I loved this collection of short stories.
If The Dress Fits
I really enjoy one of Carla’s previous novels and I really enjoyed this one. It’s about her woman who finds out her cousin is marrying her first love and she enters a fake relationship with her best friend in order to get overbearing parent
Love from A to Z
I have had the pleasure of being invited to join Simon & Schuster’s blog tour for Love From A to Z. I love S.K. Ali’s writing and her debut Saints and Misfits is one of my favourites ever! This won’t be up until May but getting the opportunity to read and review this book was an absolute joy.
Gates of Thread and Stone
I found this book on Twitter and instantly fell in love with the cover. I didn’t even realise this was a 2014 release until someone brought it to my attention! This blog was still underway back then so I understood how it completely went under my radar! But I really loved this book, and it was quite a lot of fun. Read my review here!
M U S I C
P O S T S
A feature section to highlight my favourite posts from my fellow bloggers that were posted this month.
- What Fandom Racism Looks Like: Misogynoir – Black Women in the Way | A post from Zina’s new mini-series where she discusses
misogynoir and fandom racism.
- Book Emoji Recommendation | Fadwa turns a cryptic tweet into a 20-book long recommendation post. It was a really fun way to make a rec post. I definitely need to check most of these books out!
That’s it for this month! Tell me what went on in YOUR life this month! What sort of things was important for you this month? New obsessions? New TV shows? Or book? Any new song recs (I’m always open to new music!)? Best books you read this month?
- Review: I Wish You All The Best
- Review: The Ten Thousand Doors of January
- #YARC2019 – Progress update!
- Review: Kick The Moon
- Review: This Time Will Be Different